UNESCO World Heritage Site Tour
- The historic and significant attractions within the city are there for you to discover throughout your time in Nepal.
- Tour across UNESCO World Heritage sitesin Kathmandu, Bhaktapur, and Lalitpur.
- Spiritual tour of the Pashupatinath, Swayambhunath, Boudhanath, and Changunarayan shrines.
- Observe the Buddhist monks as they perform their regular rituals, in a peaceful and tranquil environment in Lumbini, the birthplace of Buddha.
- With the Annapurna’s overlooking the city, it is the ideal backdrop for any visitor to experience in Pokhara.
Nepal is home to 10 such UNESCO World Heritage sites that are spread across the country. Our 10-days Heritage tour will take you across 8 of these 10 sites. Experience the rich culture and lifestyle of Nepalese community as you take this heritage tour showcasing a mix of architectural and spiritual beauty as you visit several durbar squares, shrines and the famed birth land of Buddha. The UNESCO World Heritage Site Tour elegantly encompasses the cultural and natural aspects of the country to offer you a different taste than the one available in Himalayan ventures yet unfazed to provide supremely of Nepal.
The 10-day itinerary begins with our arrival in Kathmandu, a bustling city in a valley surrounded by hills. Kathmandu is accompanied by Bhaktapur and Lalitpur; two cities with their own historical significance. Starting our tour at Basantapur Durbar Square, an ancient royal palace of the former Kathmandu Kingdom showcasing the Newari art and craft, we bask in the striking beauty of these 3rd-century structures constructed and further developed by the Lichhavi, Malla, and Shah dynasties. We continue on to Swayambhunath and Boudhanath, shrines sacred to the Buddhist community, and move on to Pashupatinath, a shrine of Lord Shiva sacred to Hindus. Continuing our tour, we visit the Bhaktapur Durbar Square before moving on to Lalitpur. Changunarayan Temple in Bhaktapur, which is located 12km east of Kathmandu, is one of the additional sites in our itinerary. The tour then takes us out of Kathmandu Valley as we venture to Lumbini, in the mid-west of Nepal, which is popular as the birthplace of Buddha. It is a Buddhist pilgrimage for their founder was born here making Mayadevi temple the holiest of sites among other temples and monasteries. Moving on to Lumbini International Research Institute, which is a museum in Lumbini that shares Buddha’s wisdom to promote a humane and compassionate society. Finally, we travel to the tourist city of Pokhara and spend a day visiting attractions including Phewa Lake, Peace Gompa,and David falls among others. Our 10-day circuit is complete as we return to Kathmandu. This trip can be taken throughout the year.
Corporate Adventure is a travel and tour operator in Kathmandu providing quality service to our valued customers for many years. We pride ourselves at the professional service we provide and customer reviews we receive in return
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu
Welcome to the capital city of Nepal. Arriving at the Tribhuvan International Airport and post-immigration procedures, you will be received by the tour rep. at the exit gates. Transferred to your hotel you will check in and spend the evening over a cultural program at a traditional Nepali restaurant. Overnight stay at a hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 02: Kathmandu World Heritage Sites visit
Visit 4 UNESCO World Heritage sites in Kathmandu. A private vehicle will transport you to all these sites.
Boudhanath: Start the day with a visit to a famous Buddhist shrine in Boudha. The stupa is located 11km from the center of Kathmandu and said to lie on the ancient trade route from Tibet. Participate in the morning circumambulations while also visiting nearby shops selling Tibetan Buddhist handmade arts(Thangkha).
Pashupatinath: Moving on to Pashupatinath which is just 2.4km away from Boudha, we transition to Hindu ideology with this famous shrine of Shiva. Located on the banks of Bagmati River, this temple is a collection of ashrams and other temples including the main shrine.
Kathmandu Durbar Square: Next stop is the palace square at Basantapur, aka. Basantapur Durbar Square. It used to housepalace of Kings from Malla and Shah Dynasties. Located in the heart of Kathmandu valley, you can visit various attractions within the square and try local delicacies at some of the most famous restaurants in the country.
Swayambhunath: Final stop of the day, we head west to Swayambhunath, which is the most sacred pilgrimage amongst Buddhist Newar and Tibetan Buddhists. Immerse in the spiritual atmosphere as you circumambulate around the shrine and offer prayers while visiting the Karma raja Mahavihara (where Buddha is said to meditate before hundreds of light). Overnight stay at a hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 3: Bhaktapur World Heritage Sites visit and patan
Bhaktapur Durbar Square: Start the day with a visit to Bhaktapur, a quaint old Newari town located 13km east of Kathmandu. The entire square comprises the main palace square, Taumadhi square, Dattatraya square, and Pottery square.Visit the 55 window palace, Vatsala temple, Naytapola temple, and Bhairava Nath temple among other countless shrines spread across the square. Make sure you try freshly made yogurt which is the most famous staple of this city.
Changunarayan: Second of two stops for the day, Changunarayan temple is to the north and 4km from to Bhaktapur Durbar Square. While hilltop temples are not uncommon, this is another shrine named after the village, Changu, surrounding it and after the daughter, Champak, of Kashmiri King when she married the prince of Bhaktapur. This famous shrine of Lord Vishnu is considered the oldest temple in Nepal. Overnight stay at a hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 4: Patan World Heritage Sites Visit
Patan Durbar Square: Located in the heart of Lalitpur city and 5.4km from Kathmandu, this durbar square is another of the royal palace squares famed as a residence for Malla Kings and Thakuri Dynasty during 16th Century. With the square divided over three courtyards namely Keshav Narayan, Mul, and Sundari we visit the Krishna Mandir, Bhimsen Mandir and Vishwanath temple among 55 other temples and Bahal spread across this area. Overnight stay at a hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 5: Drive from Kathmandu to Lumbini
With visits in Kathmandu complete, we catch a bus to Lumbini, the birthplace of Buddha. We start our journey as we take the Prithvi Highway to Lumbini around 300km from Kathmandu. While the bus ride can drain you, the tranquil beauty of the landscape coupled with occasional meetings with local folks along the way will be a welcome change. After 7 hours on the road, we arrive at Lumbini, a region in the southern plains of Nepal. Overnight stay at a hotel in Lumbini.
Day 6: Lumbini Sightseeing
Starting the day early, we begin exploring Lumbini with a visit to the Mayadevi Temple. It is the birthplace of Buddha as the affidavit is inscribed on the Ashoka pillar by the temple. This divine temple and pilgrimage for Buddhists are accompanied by the Bodhi tree and Mayadevi Pond within its premises. We shall also visit Myanmar golden temple, China temple, Korean temple, Cambodian monastery and Royal Thai Monastery. Later, we will visit the World Peace Pagoda, aka. Japan Peace Stupa which is a perfect symbol of this land of Peace. Overnight stay at a hotel in Lumbini.
Day 07: Drive from Lumbini to Pokhara
Early in the morning, we set out for Pokhara as we catch a luxury bus from Lumbini. A 6-hour bus ride along the Siddhartha highway will be the trip as we head 170km to the northeast. As we take the road, we pass Butwal and Tansen before arriving in Pokhara. The roads are one of the most spectacular in the country with a serpentine track along enormous gorges. In Pokhara, we can explore the city and the Lakeside area in the latter part of the day. Overnight stay at a hotel in Pokhara
Day 08: Pokhara Sightseeing
Pokhara is a tourist city famous for glorious views of the Himalayas and a melting pot for most tourists who plan to explore the city or venture into the Himalayas. It has tourist attractions like David Falls, Phewa Lake, Peace Gompa, numerous caves and shrines spread across the city. Thrill seekers go for paragliding or skydiving. Spend the evening exploring nightlife around the lakeside. Overnight stay at a hotel in Pokhara
Day 09: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu
We catch a tourist bus early in the morning as we complete our circuit and head back to Kathmandu. Passing through lush green forests and pockets of settlements, we cross Muglin, which was our crossroads earlier. Then, we head onto Kurintar, Malekhu, and Gajuri before arriving in Kathmandu. Enjoy the ride upstream along Trishuli River. Overnight stay at a hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 10: Departure
The final day of this trip, venture out into the Thamel market for the last minute souvenir shopping before you are seen off at the airport by the tour representative. Make sure you inquire about future trips and make plans as you depart.
- Pick up from and drop off service at the hotel and the airport on a Tourist Vehicle.
- Twin sharing accommodation in a two or three star hotel in Kathmandu, Lumbini, and Pokhara; Breakfast included at the Hotel.
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu in a typical Nepali restaurant with cultural dance performance in the evening before departure.
- Ground transportation to and from Kathmandu by tourist vehicle.
- Guided city tour and Sightseeing by Tourist vehicle (as in day by day itinerary).
- CAT and government licensed English-speaking guide.
- The required number of ground staff during the tour like Driver, Helpers etc.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for our field staff.
- Entry permits and fees for all temples, parks, monasteries, and cultural and historical sites.
- All government taxes, VAT, Tourist Service charges and official expenses.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Your travel insurance. (See the travel insurance page)
- Nepal entry visa – you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu. (Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 15 days can be obtained by paying US $ 25 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 30 days and 90 days can be obtained by paying US $40 and $ 100 respectively. Please bring 2 copies of passport size photos).
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu, Lumbini and Pokhara – about USD 15 to USD 20 per person per day.
- All Items of Personal nature like drink, Laundry etc
- Tips for tour staff and driver. (Tipping is expected)
- Others expenses not mentioned in the Price Includes section.
Start Private Tour