Kathmandu, Chitwan, Lumbini, Pokhara Tour
- Mountain flight to view the Himalayan range (including Mount Everest|8848m)
- Experience the architecture, culture and lifestyle of the locals of Kathmandu valley
- Visit Chitwan National Park and a jungle safari trip
- Historic and ancient Lumbini Mayadevi temple tour
- Taste and entertain abundance of great restaurants and nightlife, with a vast choice of food types and live music every night in Pokhara
A tour package that encompasses most of what Nepal has to offer, the Kathmandu Chitwan Lumbini Pokhara tour package includes a trip to all the major travel destinations of the country. This tour takes a route different from the mainstream tours in Nepal which involves trekking along the Himalayas. While Nepal is renowned for its Himalayan ranges to the North, its plains to the south are rarely ventured but have a lot to offer. Chitwan, a region southwest of Kathmandu, has the Chitwan National Park which is a UNESCO heritage site. Similarly, Lumbini is renowned as the birthplace of Buddha. Pokhara, for most of us, is a tourist hotspot with hundreds of thousands flocking this city of lakes every year.
This 10-days tour starts on a high note with a mountain flight from Kathmandu. Witness the breathtaking Himalayan range up close as you fly over some of the highest peaks on Earth including the Mount Everest. This early morning flight tour is optional if you wish to opt for a sightseeing tour of Kathmandu valley as you visit the UNESCO World Heritage sites of Pashupatinath, Swayambhunath, Boudhanath, and Basantapur Durbar Square. Next day, we drive to Chitwan, which is located to the south west of Kathmandu. We’ll stay within the Chitwan National Park premises before moving on further west to Lumbini, the birthplace of Gautama Buddha. Both of these areas are UNESCO listed world heritage sites with one holding natural significance while the other archeological. The penultimate leg of this tour will be a trip to Pokhara followed by that to Bhaktapur and Lalitpur. This, of course, is after we return from Pokhara to Kathmandu. The tours of Bhaktapur and Lalitpur will include trips to the respective durbar squares, both of which are heritage sites. Before long, it would be the end of this tour. It is guaranteed that this tour will alter your perspective of Nepal, visited mostly for the Himalayas. You can take up this tour anytime during the year.
Serving our valued customers with utmost care, Corporate Adventure Treks is a travel and tour operator based in Kathmandu. We offer touring, trekking, paragliding, skydiving, mountaineering and expedition packages to suit your requirements. The trained professionals and experts in our team are dedicated to helping you gain experiences that are sure to have a great impact on your lives.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel.
- Hotel Arts or Similar
As we arrive in Kathmandu a Corporate Adventure Treks’ staff will receive you at the airport. Once dropped at the hotel you can visit our office for a briefing on the tour. Venture into the Thamel market and attend a welcome dinner hosted by the company in the evening. You’ll get to taste authentic Nepalese cuisines and dinner followed by a cultural program. Overnight stay at a hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 02: Option: Mountain flight morning and Sightseeing around Kathmandu valley
- Hotel Arts or Similar
Option 1– Mountain Flight: Most sought-after of the two options, you get to experience the exotic Himalayan range of Nepal without breaking a sweat or trekking up to the mountains. An hour-long flight takes you at the touching distance of these snow-capped marvels and offers breathtaking views of some of the world’s highest peaks including the Everest (8848m). Views also include that of Glaciers and lakes in Himalayan vicinity.
Sightseeing around Kathmandu Valley: This option leads you to explore the Kathmandu Valley. We will visit the UNESCO listed World Heritage sites like Swayambhunath (Monkey temple), Basantapur Durbar Square, Pashupatinath, and Boudhanath stupa. The Narayanhiti Palace Museum and Thamel tourist market are other attractions we will visit during the day. Enjoy the nightlife of Kathmandu at pubs and bars in the Thamel area.
Overnight stay at a hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 03: Drive to Chitwan. [4-5 hours ]
- 4-5 hours drive
- Hotel rain forest or Similar
We head to Chitwan from Kathmandu. The drive will take you away from the hustle and bustle of Kathmandu valley onto countryside with lush green hills and rivers guiding you throughout the 7-hour trip. Your destination will be Sauraha inside the Chitwan National Park, which is a UNESCO listed World Heritage site for its wildlife and natural significance. At Sauraha, we check into our resort and enjoy the night with a dinner. Overnight stay at a hotel in Sauraha.
Breakfast lunch dinner
Day 4: At Chitwan
- Hotel Rain forest or Similar
Waking up early, you start the day with a Jeep Safari; best means to explore the flora and fauna of this sanctuary. You will get a chance to spot the Bengal tiger, spotted deer, one-horned rhino, and more of such wildlife. An alternative to taking the jeep safari is that on an elephant back which lets you go up close to the wildlife without any danger. In the afternoon, enjoy the Canoe ride in Rapti River with a chance to explore the water-life including Gharial crocodiles. In the evening, rejoice in a cultural program at the Tharu community heritage center. Overnight at a hotel in Sauraha.
Breakfast lunch dinner
Day 05: Chitwan to Lumbini [3-4 hours]
- 4-5 hours
- Shakya guest house or similar
Catching a bus to another UNESCO World Heritage site outside Kathmandu Valley we travel to Lumbini. The bus ride takes around 5 hours while we transition from lush greens of the National park sanctuary to the Terai plains further west. Passing by Butwal, we travel for another 50km to the town of Sunauli. At Lumbini, we check into our hotel and set out to explore Lumbini. The birthplace of Lord Buddha, Lumbini holds great respect for being a site of great archaeological and historical significance. The Ashoka Pillar, Mayadevi Temple, and Peace Pagoda are some of the major destinations for the day. These sites depict the story of Gautam Buddha before his recognition as a world-wide inspiration and also his teachings after he obtained enlightenment. Overnight stay at Lumbini.
Day 06: Lumbini to Pokhara via Palpa visit [5- 6 hours]
- 5-6 hours drive
- My hotel or similar
We’ll spend the day on the road today with a 170km bus-ride to Pokhara. We start at Lumbini and take the Siddhartha highway via Butwal and onto Palpa. We pass by a famous Hindu shrine, the Siddha Baba temple. With scintillating views of gorges and valleys forming as we drive along the serpentine road, we arrive in Tansen, headquarter of Palpa district. We explore the Palpa Durbar and the monument of love- Rani Mahal. The city is home to a viewpoint offering magnificent sights of the Himalayas. Also, high-grade Dhaka, a national clothing material, is available in the city which can be great as a souvenir. After a brief stop, we head onto Pokhara which is 4 hours from here. Overnight stay at a hotel in Pokhara.
Day 07: At Pokhara
- My hotel or similar
Start our day early with a ride to Sarangkot, a viewpoint of the Himalayan range including Machhapuchhre (Fishtail), Annapurna range and Dhaulagiri, we catch the sunrise over the hills. Heading back to the lakeside, ride the boat in Phewa Lake and visit the Bindhyabasini temple, placed in the middle of this lake. We then head on to another viewpoint, the Peace Gompa, which offers striking views of Pokhara city. Then visit David falls, which runs 100 feet below the ground along the Gupteswor Mahadev temple (Lord Shiva’s shrine). Overnight stay at a hotel in Pokhara
Day 08: Pokhara to Kathmandu [7-8 hours]
- 7-8 hours drive
- Hotel Arts or similar
Wrapping up your tour, you’ll be escorted to the bus terminal to catch a tourist coach back to Kathmandu. An eight-hour ride along the Prithvi Highway is guaranteed to be a long yet exciting affair as you drive along the Marshyangdi River and then upstream along Trishuli River. On your way, you’ll stop at Dumre, Abu Khaireni, and Muglin-Manakamana. Once in Kathmandu, you’ll be transferred to your hotel. Overnight stay at a hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 09: Bhaktapur and Patan sightseeing
- Hotel Arts or similar
Bhaktapur: Start the day with a ride to Bhaktapur 13km East of Kathmandu. We will visit the Bhaktapur Durbar Square which comprises of the 55 window palace, golden gate, Vatsala Devi Temple, Naytapola temple (5 story-highest pagoda styled temple in Nepal), and Bhairava Nath Temple among others.
Patan (Lalitpur): Second half of the day we visit the Patan Durbar Square area. Although similar to Bhaktapur, this square showcases delicate Newari craft and architecture. We visit various temples including Krishna, Royal Taleju, Vishwa Nath, Char Narayan, and Bhimsen Temple while observing the Golden gate and intricate window-works (Aakhijhyal) of old palaces including traditional metal crafts. Overnight stay at a hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 10: Final Departure on your Destination.
Concluding your trip to Nepal, you’ll be seen off at the airport by a travel agent. If time permits, visit the Thamel area and shrines around this area to catch a glimpse of morning rituals for this will stay in your memories as you depart. Make plans for your next tour as you wait to board your flight back home.
- Pick up from and drop off service at the hotel and the airport on a Tourist Vehicle.
- Twin sharing accommodation in a two or three star hotel in Kathmandu, Chitwan, Lumbini, and Pokhara; Breakfast included at the Hotel.
- Full board meal (breakfast, lunch and dinner) in Chitwan as well as jungle activities inside the national park.
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu in a typical Nepali restaurant with cultural dance performance in the evening before departure.
- Ground transportation to and from Kathmandu by tourist vehicle.
- Guided city tour and Sightseeing by Tourist vehicle (as in day by day itinerary).
- CAT and government licensed English-speaking guide.
- The required number of ground staff during the tour like Driver, Helpers etc.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for our field staff.
- Entry permits and fees for all temples, parks, monasteries, and cultural and historical sites.
- All government taxes, VAT, Tourist Service charges and official expenses.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Your travel insurance. (See the travel insurance page)
- Nepal entry visa – you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu. (Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 15 days can be obtained by paying US $ 25 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 30 days and 90 days can be obtained by paying US $40 and $ 100 respectively. Please bring 2 copies of passport size photos).
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu, Lumbini and Pokhara – about USD 15 to USD 20 per person per day.
- All Items of Personal nature like drink, Laundry etc
- Tips for tour staff and driver. (Tipping is expected)
- Others expenses not mentioned in the Price Includes section.